Welcome to the second part of our foodlovers guide to County Clare. We’ve already explored the savoury delights on offer in this inspiring region, but we all appreciate some sweet treats after a hearty meal so we’ve tracked down the very best of the local offerings.
The Burren Food Trail is the only place to start when you’re seeking unique foodie experiences in County Clare, with more than fifty members offering high quality local food. With a range of local growers, producers and restaurants, you’ll find everything from coffee and fine wines to local meat, seafood and handcrafted cheeses. Here are our top recommendations for delicious desserts and indulgent sweets to tantalise your tastebuds.
Sweet Treats On The Burren Food Trail
You’ll love the impressive selection of sweets and desserts as you discover the Burren Food Trail for yourself
- Linnalla Pure Irish Ice Cream. You simply can’t beat this delicious ice-cream made from the milk of shorthorn cows and served farm-fresh at Cafe Linnalla. Many of the exciting flavours are inspired by unique local ingredients, such as wild Burren hazelnuts and wild blackberries. Kids will love the playground, and the menu of ice cream sundaes is sure to impress the whole family.
- Hazel Mountain Chocolate. The Burren mountain foothills are home to the exquisite Hazel Mountain Chocolate company. This chocolatier uses traditional methods with real, local and authentic ingredients, and the unique combinations on offer will give you a truly memorable taste of Ireland.
- Clare Jam Company. Close to Doolin, this family run jam company will give you a whole new appreciation of the breakfast classic. You can try more than thirty different condiments and preserves, and discover the artisan heritage of jam-making in the area.
- Wilde Irish Chocolates. Head over to Lough Derg in East Clare to visit this small, artisan factory where you will find an amazing choice of mouthwatering chocolates. You can see how these special chocolates are made, sample the ingredients and visit the shop to pick up gifts for all the family back home.
- Aram Coffee. After you’ve spent the day – or the week – indulging your senses on the Burren Food Trail, you can visit Aram Coffee for a wonderful choice of artisan coffee, hand roasted in this local micro coffee roastery. Speciality green coffee beans are sourced seasonally from ethical growers around the world, imported and roasted to create unique blends as well as rare single origin coffees.
Discover Delicious Local Food In Lisdoonvarna
Each season brings new treasures to County Clare, and following the Burren Food Trail will give you a different experience every time. Visit this beautiful area in May, to make the most of the annual Burren Slow Food Festival in Lisdoonvarna, and enjoy the warm welcome at The Imperial Hotel, Lisdoonvarna, The Hydro Hotel, Lisdoonvarna or The King Thomond Lisdoonvarna.